The Human Resources/Payroll Department at Capital Community College administers the delivery of all employee-related services such as labor relations, recruitment, benefits, compensation, employee policies and regulations, payroll, collective bargaining compliance, HRMS information management, workers' compensation, retirement, leave of absence and other services related to employment.
Job announcements are listed here for the convenience of potential employees of the college. Official documentation and further information on these openings are available from the Human Resources Office.
No phone inquiries - Please submit only one application package.
- There are no management positions available at this time.
- (REPOST) - Assistant Professor/Program Coordinator Health Information Management
- There are no staff positions are available at this time.
- There are no classified positions available at this time.
- Adjunct Instructors in Anatomy & Physiology
- Adjunct Instructors in Physics
Interested candidates should send their resume to Dr. Andre Freeman, Chair of Science & Mathematics, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family and Medical Leave Act
If you are absent for more than 5 days in a row due to your own illness or that of a family member, you are required to provide a medical certificate (P-33A or P33B). The first two pages of the document must be completed by your health care provider and forwarded directly to HR. The last page of the document entitled "Employee Fitness for Duty Certification" should also be completed by your health care provider and submitted upon return from your extended absence.
In addition, after three day of absence due to illness, the college is obligated to provide an employee with an FMLA request form (FMLA HR 1). This form should be completed by the employee and returned directly to HR. This information provides the college with the anticipated length of the absence and helps the college to determine if the absence is FMLA eligible or not, which is a requirement under State and Federal law.
- If you are absent for more than 5 days, you must obtain a completed medical certificate P-33A from your treating health care provider and have it returned directly to HR within 7 days. A doctor's note is not a substitute for this form.
- If you are absent for more than three days and the absence is FMLA related, please complete an FMLA request form (and return it directly to HR within 7 days.
- Upon return to work from a medical leave of more than 5 days, please provide HR with a completed Employee Fitness for Duty Certification (on the last page of the P-33A) to insure that you have been medically cleared to work in either a regular or restricted capacity.
- If an employee is removed from the premise by emergency personnel, he/she should return to work with a completed Employee Fitness for Duty Certification.
- If an employee is absent for more than 3 days in a row as a result of an FMLA related reason, please notify HR promptly.
- If an employee is absent for more than 5 days in a row as a result of their own illness or the illness of a family member, please notify HR promptly. HR should not find out about the absence once we receive the employee timesheet.
- Please make sure that the time sheet accurately reflects the absence and is coded correctly. HR will provide you with the correct time sheet coding once we are informed of the absence.
- Any questions about this topic should be directed to Human Resources/Payroll.
- If an employee is removed from the premise by emergency personnel, please make sure he/she returns to work with a completed Employee Fitness for Duty Certification.
Title: Director of Human Resources and Labor Relations
Phone: (860) 906-5002
Title: Human Resources Assistant
Title: Assistant Director of Human Resources
Title: Payroll Clerk
950 Main Street
Second Floor Room 214
Hours: 8am to 4pm
Notice of Nondiscrimination
English - Capital Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Spanish - Capital Community College no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, credo religioso, edad, sexo, origen nacional, estado civil, origen, historia pasada o presente de trastorno mental, problemas de aprendizaje o discapacidad física, orientación sexual, identidad de género y expresión o información genética en sus programas y actividades. Además, el colegio no discrimina en el empleo por motivos de ser veterano de guerra o tener antecedentes penales. El colegio tomara las medidas necesarias para asegurar que la falta de conocimientos del idioma ingles no sea una barrera para la admisión y participación en programas educativos.
Title IX and Section 504/ADA Coordinator and Affirmative Action Officer
Tel. (860) 906-5133